I’m taking part in Amanda from Running With Spoon’s Thinking Out Loud Series…here is episode #5…
1. This week I started a $25 for two-week unlimited sessions at a new gym in Hermosa Beach called Bionic Body. It’s owned by Kim, a former trainer on The Biggest Loser and her husband. My friend Dara is a trainer there. They use a track system with bands, which is kind of similar to TRX (but feels more stable). Holy cow it’s a workout!! I did two, back-to-back one hour sessions on Monday, and a hour session yesterday. It feels really good to feel that “right” kind of sore, if you know what I mean. I think I’ll be really sad when my two weeks ends, because the gym itself is WAAAAY out of my budget. 🙁
2. Since I’ve been done with half marathon training, despite my calf soreness (which limits some of my cardio options), I’m starting to feel in much better shape. Go figure! I’m only taking one rest day instead of two, which I think does help. I must admit, it also feels good not to have any particular goals. Sometimes it feels nice to be free of the “oh-I-have-to-do-this-today” schedule.
3. Speaking of my calf, I’m noticing improvements. It’s still mostly sore at the beginning of the day, right when I wake up, but towards the end of the day I hardly feel it. Still not comfortable enough to start running on the sand again, but I am planning on playing beach volleyball on Saturday, so we’ll see how it holds up. BTW Icy Hot is like my new perfume. 🙂
4. This week I’ve been experimenting with eating less carbs. I haven’t had any Triscuits or other kinds of crackers in the house all week, so it’s taken some getting used to as far as finding new things to snack on (although I did have some crackers at a champagne tasting last night), but I think all in all it’s helped me feel less “puffy.”
5. I’ve kind of given up on the Olympics. Without having a DVR to fast forward past commercials and sports I don’t care about, it’s just too time consuming to watch. It’s like 2 minutes of sports, then 10 minutes of commercials…the same commercials…over and over and over. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
Those are my thoughts. What are you up to this weekend? My big plans are Netflix/Hulu/Redbox, exercise outdoors, and tax preparation. Fun! Fun!
Be sure to stop by the new giveaway I have going on this week for Eco Natural Soap!